Position: Programme & Finance Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Salary: NGN 150,000 per month
About Step Up Nigeria:
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our mission is to strengthen citizen engagement in combating corruption and delivering public goods and services. Our vision is that corruption and poor management do not hold back Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
We stimulate public awareness on topical issues in tackling corruption and improving the delivery of public goods and services. We help create spaces for citizen engagement in the fight against corruption by creating accountability mechanisms such as feedback platforms or anti-corruption reporting mechanisms. We educate Nigerians on the ills of corruption and how to tackle corruption. We provide linkages between government and citizens to work collaboratively in tackling corruption and service delivery issues.
We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability.
About the Role
The Programme and Finance Associate will contribute to financial management and programme implementation by providing the necessary support for operational, administrative, and programmatic support.
The Programme and Finance Associate has dual responsibilities of supporting the administrative team to maintain proper financial records and the programme team to ensure the successful implementation of projects. Under the supervision of the Programme Administration Manager, the Programme and Finance Associate will support critical activities as assigned and other daily administrative activities.
More specifically, the job will involve the following:
1. Financial Management
- Support the preparation of financial reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) to ensure compliance with donor requirements and Step Up Nigeria’s operations.
- Provide financial information to enable the programme team to make timely project and operating decisions
- Review financial documents and reconcile all voucher-related activities to the ledger monthly.
- Support all audit processes and the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in response to audit inquiries.
- Handling remittance of pension and tax payments for staff
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects.
2. Project Support
- Support the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, proposals, writing reports, conducting surveys, designing strategies for interventions, and developing questionnaires.
- Undertake logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for the organization of meetings, workshops, events, and missions as required.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Support school engagement, teachers training, integrity certification programme and any other projects as assigned
3. Resource Mobilization Support
- Support the sale of books and any other learning materials based on targets.
- Compile and process information from donors and partners to various databases and documents.
- Identify funding opportunities and support the preparation of proposals to secure funding for Step Up Nigeria’s activities
The Programme and Finance Associate will undertake any other tasks as assigned.
- Strong financial and budgeting skills.
- Ability to manage data, documents, and correspondence.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in transparent formats.
- Good knowledge of programme administration
- Strong communication- including good writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of partners.
- Ability to deliver at pace and meet deadlines.
- A track record of proactive leadership.
- Ability to work and deliver objectives with limited supervision.
- Good ICT skills, including strong proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of using accounting software like QuickBooks will be an advantage
Education, Experience and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or any relevant equivalent degree.
- ICAN or ACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in either finance, accounting, grants management.
- Ability to understand and implement government tax laws.
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems
- Excellent organization skills and ability to adjust to dynamic situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems and suggest improvements.
This role is open for an initial year and may be renewed based on available funding.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter (no more than 500 words) with the subject Programme and Finance Associate to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm WAT on Friday, 23rd June 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.