Position: Programme and Learning Intern
Location: Lagos State
Remuneration: NGN 60,000 per month
About Step Up Nigeria:
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services.
We stimulate public awareness of topical issues in tackling corruption and improving the delivery of public goods and services. We help to create spaces for citizen engagement in the fight against corruption through the creation of accountability mechanisms such as feedback platforms or anti-corruption reporting mechanisms. We educate Nigerians on the ills of corruption and how to tackle corruption. We provide linkages between government and citizens to work collaboratively in tackling corruption and service delivery issues.
We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes.
About the Role
Step Up Nigeria offers an opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our team to gain technical knowledge and experience in the anti-corruption and service delivery space in Nigeria. The programme and learning intern will provide support to the programme and evaluation team. The successful candidate will be expected to work 4 days a week (excluding CDS days for youth corp members).
The job will involve the following:
- Conducting research and producing briefs.
- Supporting the implementation of projects and partnership activities.
- Supporting data entry and analysis to ensure efficient capture of Step Up Nigeria’s work.
- Supporting the organization of meetings and events.
- Performing support and administrative tasks as necessary in the day-to-day office operation.
- Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation.
- Excellent writing skills to develop briefs and reports.
- Conceptual thinking skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems and suggest improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adjust to dynamic situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Current serving National Youth Service Corps members (NYSC) are encouraged to apply.
- No post-NYSC experience is required to apply for this role.
This role is open for six months and may be renewed based on available funding.
Interested applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter (no more than 500 words) to email@example.com.
Applications should be received on or before Monday 15th May, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.