Position: Programme Associate, Lagos Nigeria.
Salary: NGN 150,000 per month (gross salary)
About Step Up Nigeria:
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services.
We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes.
The Programme Associate has the primary responsibility of ensuring the successful implementation of projects in South-West Nigeria. The Programme Associate will also support the monitoring and evaluation team to monitor the progress of program deliverables, and record and report all outputs and outcomes that emerge. Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Programme Associate will coordinate and manage key activities as assigned and support other daily administrative activities by working closely with other Programme Associates and members of the team.
More specifically, the job will involve the following:
- Project Coordination: Lead on coordinating the Parent Anti-Corruption Champions Initiative, as well as other specific projects assigned.
- Technical Support: Support the implementation of the Catch Them Young Initiative and the Citizen Watchdog Initiative. Lead on writing reports, conducting surveys, developing and reviewing questionnaires, and developing work plans and strategies for interventions.
- Conducting Research: Conducting simple research on trending anti-corruption areas including media monitoring, conducting research to inform the development of policy briefs, conducting field research which may involve going to deprived communities.
- Administrative functions: Conduct general administrative functions such as setting up meetings, general logistics, organising events and workshops, managing database of relevant contacts for the organisation, keeping administrative records as required.
- Coordinating book sales and other revenue generating activities with commercial partners.
- Business development: Identifying funding opportunities and developing proposals to secure funding for Step Up Nigeria’s activities.
- Networking & Collaborating- Collaborating and networking with relevant stakeholders within civil society, government, and the private sector – developing relevant partnerships for Step Up Nigeria.
- Any other task as assigned by the Program Manager, Senior Program Associate, Executive Director, and the Programme Director.
Key Competencies Required:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project coordination skills
- Strong communication- including good writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of partners.
- Ability to deliver at pace and meet deadlines.
- A track record of showing pro-activity and leadership
- Ability to work and deliver objectives with limited supervision.
- Good ICT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in a related field.
- 2 years of work experience.
This post is a full-time position on a two-year contract and renewable subject to the availability of funds.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter showing how they meet the competencies and skills required (no more than 500 words) to the email address below email@example.com using Programme Associate Lagos as the email subject line.
Applications should be received on or before Monday, November 21, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
4 Replies to “VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: PROGRAMME ASSOCIATE – LAGOS”
I’m eager to bring in my best to ensure positive impactions
I have experience in tax and management accounting, research work, product quality control, human resources management, data resources management, logistics and project management, operation and product management, and development.
I have managed assets, projects and marketed products for leading companies in Ghana and Nigeria (don ifeco investment, green sahara revolution, afro asian arabic and american international ltd and societe generale de sovelance group). I am able to provide exceptional measures that will help to stimulate team success and transform the organization if considered for this role..
However, if I am given this great opportunity, I will fight for continued excellence and I will develop structures and roll out plans that will help to tremendously increase the positive condition of the organization. Parts of my attributes are: ability to work under pressure, very resourceful & hardworking, excellent communication and human relation skills, adapts quickly to new environs & situations, leadership, team building, enthusiastic, friendly spirit and the ability to cope with rejection when marketing a product.
Nevertheless, I propose to work diligently and to bring you loyalty, dependability, maturity, punctuality, ability to get along
Thank you for the opportunity
I’m Ajewole Abraham Temitope I graduated from Federal University Oye Ekiti Ekiti-State Nigeria B.sc in Accounting I will like to be part of this team so that is skills I acquired during my course of study to make this firm move forward if they can give chance to be employ me I will comport my self with discipline to this attain higher level.
I look forward to your kind response.