Position: Programme Director
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Remuneration: NGN 550,000 per month
Duration: January 2023 to August 2024
About Step Up Nigeria:
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services.
We stimulate public awareness on topical issues in tackling corruption and improving the delivery of public goods and services. We help to create spaces for citizen engagement in the fight against corruption through the creation of accountability mechanisms such as feedback platforms or anti-corruption reporting mechanisms. We educate Nigerians on the ills of corruption and how to tackle corruption. We provide linkages between government and citizens to work collaboratively in tackling corruption and service delivery issues.
We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes.
About the Role
This is a senior management position linked to specific programme delivery. It will support the Executive Director in providing technical oversight to ensure that programmes are delivered to a high standard. The Programme Director will provide leadership in the design, planning and implementation of programme activities. The Programme Director will also deputise for the Executive Director.
The Programme Director will be responsible for the following:
Business Development and Representation
- Managing external partnerships: The Programme Director will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director in managing key external partnerships for the organisation. This includes managing relationships with donor partners, senior level government officials, and the private sector.
- Networking & Collaborating – Collaborating and networking with relevant stakeholders within civil society, government, and the private sector, developing relevant partnerships for Step Up Nigeria, representing the Executive Director in meetings etc
- Business development and Innovation: Identifying funding opportunities and developing proposals to secure funding for Step Up Nigeria’s activities. The Programme Director will lead on quality assurance on all proposals ensuring they are innovative, reflect the values and vision of the organisation, and are put together to an internationally competitive standard. The PD will be expected to develop innovative projects for the organisation and instil a culture of innovation rooted in values of integrity within the team.
- Meeting Representation– Represent the organisation in all meetings both locally and internationally as requested by the Executive Director
Programme and Grant Management
- Develop and manage programme budgets.
- Provide oversight in the management of grants and ensure that programme objectives are met.
- Technical oversight in the monitoring and evaluation of grant activities
- Work closely with Programme Associates to ensure effective coordination and management of programme activities.
- Capture all lessons learnt from programme activities and use it in informing new programme plans
Managing Programme Team:
- Responsible for managing Programme Associates and Assistants linked to the programmes within the Programme Director’s portfolio.
- Manage the office – The PD will manage the office in the absence of the Executive Director
- Any other task as assigned by the Executive Director
Key Competencies Required:
- Strong communication skills- including good writing and presentation skills.
- A proven track record of leading and nurturing innovative and creative teams.
- A track record of showing pro-activity and leadership, along with people management skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of partners.
- Ability to deliver at pace and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work and deliver objectives under limited supervision.
- Good ICT skills including proficiency in word, excel and powerpoint.
Education, Experience and Skills:
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or relevant field. Master’s Degree would be a strong advantage.
Minimum of at least eight years working experience with at least 3 years experience at managerial level in an NGO or similar field.
This role is a fixed term full-time role open from January 2nd, 2023 to August 30th, 2024.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter showing how you meet the competencies and skills required (no more than 500 words) to the email address below firstname.lastname@example.org using Programme Director as the email subject line.
Applications should be received on or before 5pm Friday 11 November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
One Reply to “HIRING NOTICE FOR PROGRAMME DIRECTOR”
I am so interested in working for step up nigeria, sent in several applications. Please help in the name of God.