Position: Project Assistant Nasarawa
Remuneration: NGN 60,000 per month
About Step Up Nigeria:
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services.
We stimulate public awareness on topical issues in tackling corruption and improving the delivery of public goods and services. We help to create spaces for citizen engagement in the fight against corruption through the creation of accountability mechanisms such as feedback platforms or anti-corruption reporting mechanisms. We educate Nigerians on the ills of corruption and how to tackle corruption. We provide linkages between government and citizens to work collaboratively in tackling corruption and service delivery issues.
We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Anti-Corruption Education and Social Change Programme in Nasarawa State. Under the supervision of the State Lead, the Project Assistant will coordinate activities in the state as assigned. The PA will support other administrative activities by working closely with members of the team.
More specifically, the job will involve the following:
- Project support: Support advocacy to schools and school engagement activities. Follow up with key stakeholders to advance the project and ensure efficient implementation.
- Report writing: Prepare activity reports, meeting reports and advocacy reports.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Support data entry process to enable efficient project monitoring and evaluation of results.
- Administrative functions: Administrative functions such as setting up meetings, general logistics, and preparing database of relevant contacts in Nasarawa State
- Any other task as assigned by the State lead.
Key Competencies Required:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project coordination skills
- Strong communication- including good writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of partners.
- Ability to deliver at pace and meet deadlines.
- A track record of showing pro-activity and leadership
- Ability to work and deliver objectives with limited supervision.
- Good ICT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This post is a full-time position on a one-year contract.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in a related field.
- 1-2 years of working experience. NYSC is accepted as work experience.
- Must be resident in Nasarawa State
- Must be able to speak the local language
How to apply:
Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter showing how you meet the competencies and skills required (no more than 500 words) to the email address below firstname.lastname@example.org using Project Assistant Nasarawa as the email subject line.
Applications should be received on or before Friday 25 January 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.