|Position||Data Analyst & Programme Associate, Abuja|
|Salary||NGN110,000 per month (gross salary) and pension|
About Step Up Nigeria
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services.
We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes.
Evidence and learning are at the heart of our approach. We are proud to have successfully run a Randomised Controlled Trial (RCT) on our school engagements, helping us better understand what works with our approach and what we need to alter. We continue to push the frontiers in our approaches and understanding our impact.
Step Up Nigeria is offering an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our programme’s team. The Data Analyst will contribute to Step Up Nigeria’s monitoring and evaluation activities especially around data collection, management, and analysis of results. The Data Analyst will work closely with program associates as well as state coordinators to collect, manage and analyse data. They will be involved in our frontier work including RCTs and collaboration with international researchers, to help shape the global understanding of what works in the field of anticorruption initiatives. In addition, the data analyst will spend about 30% of their time supporting other activities such as school engagement, teachers training, or any other activity as assigned by management. The Data Analyst & Programme Associate will report directly to the Programme Director & Executive Director. The successful candidate will work five days a week. The job holder has the flexibility to work from home two days a week depending on the work schedule and as agreed by the line manager.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Develop appropriate data entry collection tools for capturing data as well as results from our ‘catch them young initiative’ and teachers training
- Collate & validate all data from programme staff
- Manage data base for all data collected from school engagement, teachers training, randomised control trial etc
- Interpret data by conducting quantitative analysis on data collected
- Conduct statistical significance analysis on evaluation results
- Ensure that the data base is regularly updated on a weekly basis and review database weekly for any errors
- Training session for programme associates and all field staff on data collection
- Prepare reports from data collected and report to management
- Support school engagement and other activities as assigned
- Strong reporting and data visualisation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data collection and analysis
- Strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of SQL or any database management, such as Microsoft Excel (advance level)
- Knowledge of conducting randomised control trials or randomised impact evaluation will be and added advantage
- Ability to communicate with young people/children
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in data analysis. NYSC is accepted as work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics, with a strong emphasis on data analysis
This post is a full-time position on a two-year contract and renewable subject to availability of funds and performance.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter showing how you meet the competencies and skills required (no more than 500 words) to the email address below firstname.lastname@example.org using Data Analyst & Programme Associate as the email subject line.
Applications should be received on or before Friday 5th November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.