- Position: Junior Communications & Programme Associate, Lagos Nigeria
- Salary: NGN100,000 per month (gross salary) and pension
About Step Up Nigeria
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services. We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency
and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes.
Step Up Nigeria is offering an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our communications & programme’s team. The Junior Communications & Programme Associate will report directly to the Programme Communications Manager. The successful candidate will work five days a week. The job holder has the flexibility to work from home two days a week depending on the work schedule and as agreed by the line manager.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop programme content to be posted on the website & social media channels
- Facilitate the invitation of guests to podcasts, Step Up TV and other media related events
- Hosting podcast sessions
- Update websites, upload content on Step Up Nigeria podcast as well as on Step Up TV.
- Support the editing of videos & taking pictures at events
- Manage photo and video library
- Research and generate stories or programme ideas for Step Up TV
- Present programmes on Step Up Tv
- Develop success stories for the programme in different media formats
- Support Step Up Nigeria’s school engagement, trainings and any other meetings as required
- Lead on media engagement and maintain a database of media contacts
- Manage records on media coverage
- Draft press releases for management
- Lead on managing Step Up Nigeria’s membership model
- Lead on newsletter production and dissemination
- Support the design and implementation of projects and partnership activities.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Programme Communication Manager & Programme Director
Good writing and presentation skills
Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English.
Experience in photo and video editing
Experience in develop infographics
Experience in using social media and in social media marketing
Excellent organizational skills and ability to adjust to dynamic situations
while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive
Documentary film production an added advantage
Ability to engage children will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in the communications. NYSC is accepted as work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, media , journalism or any related field
- This post is a full-time position on a two-year contract and renewable subject to availability of funds and performance.
How to apply
Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter showing how you meet the competencies and skills required (no more than 500 words) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org using
Communications & Programme Associate as the email subject line. Applications should be received on or before Friday 5th November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we cannot provide individual feedback on applications.