Organisation: Step Up Nigeria
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Salary: ₦500,000 per month
About Step Up Nigeria: Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services. We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes.
Candidate Profile: We are looking for a Deputy Director of Programmes with a focus on Programme Learning and Quality. This role bridges the gap between strategic vision and operational execution, ensuring our programs align with the highest standards and organisational goals. We are seeking an action-oriented individual who possesses meticulous attention to detail. The ideal candidate will not only have a deep understanding of and passion for high-quality delivery but will also be profoundly attuned to the learning processes of both individuals and organisations. We value someone who can harness these learning attributes to drive positive impacts in our work.
1. Quality Assurance: Regularly evaluate programs to ensure they meet set standards and best practices.
2. Operational Oversight: Offer guidance on program execution and address operational challenges.
3. Monitoring & Evaluation: Implement robust M&E frameworks to assess program impact and effectiveness.
4. Team Leadership: Lead program teams, ensuring they have the necessary resources and training.
5. Stakeholder Communication: Represent the organization when liaising with donors, partners, and stakeholders.
6. Continuous Improvement: Identify areas for program enhancement and strategize for improvement.
7. Line Management: Supervise and guide team members, facilitating professional development.
8. Organisational Learning & Reflection: Lead initiatives to foster continuous learning, ensuring experiences are analysed to extract actionable insights for improved program delivery.
9. Documentation: Oversee the systematic documentation of lessons learned, ensuring past experiences inform future projects and initiatives.
10. Content Creation: Author or contribute to thought leadership articles, blogs, or think pieces that spotlight organisational activities, provide performance updates and share key learnings.
- Delivery at Pace: Ability to prioritise tasks, manage time effectively, and deliver results within set timelines.
- Communicating & Influencing: Strong skills in articulating ideas, influencing stakeholders, and ensuring open communication channels. Strong writing skills.
- Making Effective Decisions: Demonstrated ability to analyse data, weigh pros and cons, and make sound decisions.
- Leadership: Proven capability to inspire, guide, and foster a positive team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: International Development, Development Studies, Program Management, Public Administration, Organisational Development, Monitoring and Evaluation, Strategic Communication, or Business Administration.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills with a minimum of five years of experience in program management.
- Master’s degree in one of the mentioned fields or a closely related discipline.
- Candidates with significant relevant experience but without the specified qualifications will also be considered. Practical experience and proven expertise in the field can compensate for formal educational requirements.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary of ₦500,000 per month (gross monthly salary)
- Contributory Pension and Health Insurance
- An opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, creative team and growth-focused environment.
Duration This post is a full-time position on a two-year contract and renewable subject to availability of funds and performance.
How to apply Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter showing how they meet the competencies and skills required (no more than 500 words) to the email address email@example.com using Deputy Director of Programmes (Programme Learning & Quality Lead) as the email subject line. Applications should be received on or before Saturday 30th September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and to the assessment centre Unfortunately, we cannot provide individual feedback on applications due to the high volume of applications.