Position: State Coordinator Imo State
Location: Imo State (Applicant must reside in Imo State)
Remuneration: NGN 120,000 per month
About Step Up Nigeria:
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services.
We stimulate public awareness on topical issues in tackling corruption and improving the delivery of public goods and services. We help to create spaces for citizen engagement in the fight against corruption through the creation of accountability mechanisms such as feedback platforms or anti-corruption reporting mechanisms. We educate Nigerians on the ills of corruption and how to tackle corruption. We provide linkages between government and citizens to work collaboratively in tackling corruption and service delivery issues.
We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes.
The Imo State Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating Step Up Nigeria’s Anti-Corruption Education and Social Change Programme in Imo State. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to coordinate the launch of this programme in the state. They will be responsible for identifying schools, government stakeholders and associations to collaborate with to implement this initiative. Also, they will support the monitoring and evaluation team to monitor the progress of program deliverables, record and report all outputs and outcomes that emerge. Under the supervision of the Programme Director, the Programme Associate will coordinate and manage key activities as assigned and support other daily administrative activities.
More specifically, the job will involve the following:
- Project Coordination: Lead on coordinating the Catch Them Young initiative in Imo State, Integrity Certification Programme, and Parents Anti-Corruption Champions Initiative.
- Technical Support: Lead on writing reports, conducting surveys, developing and reviewing questionnaires, developing work plans and strategies for interventions.
- Administrative functions: Conduct general administrative functions such as setting up meetings, general logistics, organising events and workshops, managing database of relevant contacts in Imo State, keeping administrative records as required.
- Representative role – Developing relevant partnerships for Step Up Nigeria by setting up meetings with key stakeholders (public and private sector). Also, representing Step Up Nigeria at meetings as required
- Any other task as assigned by the Executive Director and the Programme Director.
Key Competencies Required:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project coordination skills
- Strong communication- including good writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of partners.
- Ability to deliver at pace and meet deadlines.
- A track record of showing pro-activity and leadership
- Ability to work and deliver objectives with limited supervision.
- Good ICT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This post is a full-time position on a six-months contract.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2 years of work experience.
- Must be resident in Imo State
- Must be fluent in Igbo language
How to apply:
Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter showing how you meet the competencies and skills required (no more than 500 words) to the email address below firstname.lastname@example.org using State Coordinator Imo as the email subject line.
Applications should be received on or before Friday, February 25, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.