Programme Associate, Lagos, Nigeria.
110,000 per month (gross salary)
six months contract, renewable subject to performance.
About Step Up Nigeria
Step Up Nigeria is a
creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and
improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic
development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is
to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of
public goods and services
We stimulate public awareness on
topical issues in the area of tackling corruption and improving the delivery of
public goods and services. We help to create spaces for citizen engagement in
the fight against corruption through the creation of accountability mechanisms
such as feedback platforms or anti-corruption reporting mechanisms. We educate
Nigerians on the ills of corruption and how to tackle corruption. We provide
linkages between government and citizens to work collaboratively in tackling
corruption and service delivery issues
We work in the following ways:
Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and
improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the
discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with
impact to influence good governance processes
Purpose of the job
Represent Step Up Nigeria in
Lagos and the broader South West Region, building and maintaining key
relationships, and driving forward Step Up Nigeria goals and objectives through
good programme management, logistics and external engagement.
Key functions of the
The Programme Associate has the primary
responsibility of supporting the Executive Director and the rest of the program
team to ensure the successful implementation of projects. Under the supervision
of the Executive Director, the Programme Associate will coordinate and manage
key activities as assigned by the Executive Director and support other daily
administrative activities by working closely with other Programme Associates.
More specifically, the job will
involve the following:
- Business development: Identifying funding opportunities and developing proposals to secure funding for Step Up Nigeria’s activities.
- Project Management-lead on managing specific projects as assigned.
- Technical Support: Providing support in technical areas such as writing reports, conducting surveys, developing questionnaires, developing work plans and strategies for interventions, reviewing questionnaires and generating reports from questionnaires
- Conducting Research: Conducting simple research on trending anti-corruption areas including media monitoring, conducting research to inform the development of policy briefs, conducting field research which may involve going to deprived communities.
- Communications: Developing content for website, blog,
Facebook and Twitter. Set up and manage the social media accounts, conduct
social media advocacy on issues being pursued by the organisation, facilitating
meetings and group discussions.
functions: Conduct general
administrative functions such as such as setting up meetings, general
logistics, organising events and workshops, managing database of relevant
contacts for the organisation, keeping administrative records as required.
book sales and other revenue
generating activities with commercial partners- such as handling the logistics
of getting books onto e-commerce platforms e.g. Jumia.com and ensuring good
& Collaborating- Collaborating
and networking with relevant stakeholders within civil society, government, and
the private sector – developing relevant partnerships for Step Up Nigeria,
representing the Executive Director in meetings etc
other task as assigned by the Executive Director
Key Competencies Required:
1. Strong communication- including good
writing and presentation skills.
2. Ability to work well with a
diverse group of partners.
3. Ability to deliver at pace and
4. A track record of showing
pro-activity and leadership
5. Ability to work and deliver
objectives limited supervision.
6. Good ICT skills including
proficiency in word, excel and powerpoint.
Minimum of bachelors degree in a
This post is a full time position.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a copy of
their recent CV along with a cover letter (no more than 500 words) to the email
address below firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received
on or before Friday 10 May, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview shortly afterwards.