Position: Programme Director, Abuja Nigeria.
Salary: NGN 500,000 per month (gross salary)
Duration: Initial six months contract, renewable subject to performance and programme duration.
About Step Up Nigeria
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services
We stimulate public awareness on topical issues in the area of tackling corruption and improving the delivery of public goods and services. We help to create spaces for citizen engagement in the fight against corruption through the creation of accountability mechanisms such as feedback platforms or anti-corruption reporting mechanisms. We educate Nigerians on the ills of corruption and how to tackle corruption. We provide linkages between government and citizens to work collaboratively in tackling corruption and service delivery issues
We work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes
Purpose of the job
The is a senior management position linked to specific programme delivery. It will support the Executive Director in providing technical oversight to ensure that programmes are delivered to a high standard. The Programme Director will provide leadership in the design, planning and implementation of programme activities. The Programme Director will also deputise for the Executive Director.
Key functions of the role
The Programme Dierctor will be responsible for the following:
Business Development and Representation
- Managing external partnerships: The Programme Director will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director in managing key external partnerships for the organisation. This includes managing relationships with donor partners, senior level government officials, and the private sector.
- Networking & Collaborating– Collaborating and networking with relevant stakeholders within civil society, government, and the private sector – developing relevant partnerships for Step Up Nigeria, representing the Executive Director in meetings etc
- Business development and Innovation: Identifying funding opportunities and developing proposals to secure funding for Step Up Nigeria’s activities. The Programme Director will lead on quality assurance on all proposals ensuring they are innovative, reflect the values and vision of the organisation, and are put together to an internationally competitive standard. The PD will be expected to develop innovative projects for the organisation and instil a culture of innovation rooted in values of integrity within the team.
- Meeting Representation– Represent the organisation in all meetings both locally and internationally as requested by the Executive Director
Programme and Grant Management–
- Develop and manage programme budgets.
- Provide oversight in the management of grants and ensure that programme objectives are met.
- Technical oversight in the monitoring and evaluation of grant activities
- Work closely with Programme Associates to ensure effective coordination and management of programme activities.
- Capture all lessons learnt from programme activities and use it in informing new programme plans
Managing Programme Team:
- Responsible for managing Programme Associates and Assistants linked to the programmes within the Programme Director’s portfolio.
- Manage the office- The PD will deputise for the manage the office in the absence of the Executive Director
- Any other task as assigned by the Executive Director
Key Competencies Required:
- Strong communication skills- including good writing and presentation skills.
- A proven track record of leading and nurturing innovative and creative teams.
- A track record of showing pro-activity and leadership, along with people management skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of partners.
- Ability to deliver at pace and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work and deliver objectives under limited supervision.
- Good ICT skills including proficiency in word, excel and powerpoint.
Education Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or relevant field. Master’s Degree would be a strong advantage.
- Minimum of at least eight years working experience with at least 3 years experience at managerial level in an NGO or similar field.
This post is a full-time position but linked to programme duration.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter (no more than 500 words) to the email address below firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received on or before Sunday 2 June, 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview shortly afterwards.